Friday, April 25, 2008

"Blackjacks" in 23 Goal Thriller

Thursday 24th April, Clifton Moor, York. PlayFootball 7-a-Side League. York Hearts FC v Flexi. A night to remember.
YHFC took on the PlayFootball league leaders, Flexi, on the back of a 16-2 defeat at the hands of Stillington the previous week and were determined to restore some pride in the jerseys. What unfolded throughout the 1 hour of football played was unforgetable.
Unfortunately, unforgetable for all the wrong reasons. Despite a defensive masterplan of everyone behind the ball and 2 stunning goals from MoM Gandhi, YHFC were unable to stem the tide and took a jolly rogering from what has to have been the most professional outfit the team has played thus far. In fact, had it not been for some heroics in goal from Gavin "I've only got 6 fingers left" Aitchison, the number of goals could have doubled the 21 conceded.
However, it is not all doom and gloom, as the team fought hard and worked tirelessly and never gave up hope, with several outstanding performances on show. To have lost against a team who had previously scored 74 goals in 4 matches was no disgrace and the team walked off the pitch at the end of the match still in good spirits and looking forward to next weeks match knowing that the 2 hardest games in the league are over for the moment.

On a parting note I would like to borrow a phrase from the notice in the dressing rooms - "Management Cannot Be Held Responsible For Any Loss"

Squad: Aitchison, Carroll, Beattie, Jones, Ong, Outing, Phenomenon, Anderson and Hardie
MoM: Anderson

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the 'DRY BUMMING' quote? And 'SPANKED LIKE A THAI LADY-BOY' ?!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we lost that game. We were all over them.

Anonymous said...

I thought I would leave the quotes to you Furry - More appropriate in this section than on the main page I thought. You forgot GRAPED and ABSOLUTELY F*****G DESTROYED

Anonymous said...

You forgot 'Fudge-Packed'!

Anonymous said...

at least my jolly rodgering got in! Woo Hoo! haha

Anonymous said...

I'm still shell-shocked

Anonymous said...

21 goals hey gav.....15 looks good now dunt it? :-p

Its ok lads, i heard they all failed the drugs test so they'll be easy beats next time....

tommy.

Anonymous said...

haha, tommys got you there gav! x

Anonymous said...

What time we playing MDFC this week? Says 8pm on here but didnt we play at 8pm last week (meant to be different slots each week)? Any chance of a full fixture list with times?

Anonymous said...

Tommy's maths is about up to scratch as his goalkeeping. It was 16 - yes SIXTEEN, Tommy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fk me it was 12 when we left the pitch now it's 16. My maths is sound btw, for example, goals conceeded in my 6 games back - 24 (av.4/game). Goals conceeded in last FOUR without me - 40 (av.10.game)......BOSH! thank you and good night.

tommy x

Anonymous said...

If your maths is so good, then... if you owed me £7 five months ago, and have paid me none of it since, then how much interest should I charge you now you tax-dodger?

Anonymous said...

:-0 tax dodger! never a falser statment spoken. £198 i got paid over hols and i only saw £108...nai dodgeing of the tax there unfortunatly.

Anonymous said...

If you're earning cash like that I'll expect a cheque in the post.

Anonymous said...

What's this £7 even for? (i know i prob should have asked this straight off, but i own folk money a lot, i just accepted it ;-))

Anonymous said...

In that case, can I have my £50 back please?

~Kev~

Anonymous said...

The rest of the money you never paid me for the Hearts v Celtic ticket last December!